Are you looking for the process to set up email services in QuickBooks Desktop? If yes, then you will get your answer within the ambit of this article. With the help of the QuickBooks Email Setup tool in QuickBooks Desktop software, you can email important documents like invoices, reports, and transactions to customers or business partners directly from within QuickBooks. So, without wasting another second, let us jump to forward.
Points to Note while setting up Email Services in QuickBooks
Take a note of the following pointers while you put a stride forward towards setting email services in QuickBooks desktop.
- The most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop is required if you intend to use secure webmail for increased security.
- The next time you open your webmail, QuickBooks won’t prompt you for your email password; all you have to do is link your Intuit account with webmail.
- Before sending an email using secure webmail, keep in mind that you must link your webmail account with your Intuit account.
Read also: QuickBooks error coder 80040408
Procedure for setting up QuickBooks Desktop Email
Follow the instructions exactly to set up QuickBooks Desktop Email.
- Select Edit from the QuickBooks Desktop application’s menu.
- When a dropdown menu appears, select Preferences.
- There will be a window. Look for and select the Send Forms option in the window.
- When you click Add, a new window will appear.
- After providing the necessary details, click OK.
- Send an invoice or a report by email as a test.
Setting up QuickBooks via Outlook
The above-mentioned procedures can be used to setup QuickBooks Online Email in Outlook.
- In the beginning, hit on Edit after launching QuickBooks.
- After that, hit on Preferences, and then opt for Send Forms in the pop-up window that appears.
- Click on OK after selecting the Outlook check box under the My Preferences
Setting up QuickBooks through the Webmail
You must use Webmail to set up QuickBooks email for Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Pay close attention to the offered directions.
- Open QuickBooks, click Edit, select Preferences, and then select Send Forms.
- Select WebMail from the menu, then click Add.
- Click OK after providing the data requested in the Add Email
- By selecting OK, the changes will be saved.
Advantages of setting email services in QuickBooks Desktop
There are various advantages of setting up the email services in QuickBooks. These include the following:
- It is not necessary to open your mail client every time you want to send an email.
- Direct QuickBooks transfer of invoices, payment reminders, and other documents to clients or between office departments.
- It is a feature that allows data import from spreadsheets.
- Saves you the time and money necessary for keeping records and paying for storage.
After going through this brief walkthrough, the procedure to setup email services in QuickBooks Desktop should be easier for you. If you come across any issue, then our team of certified QuickBooks desktop support experts at 1-800-761-1787 is here to help you.