A lot goes into designing a home wine cellar but not so much when it comes to the cellar door. The truth is that choosing the wrong door can result in storage issues and increase your expenses. So, it’s time you invest in quality doors to ensure that the bottles are safe and the styles inimitable.
To be honest, you will never make your investments worthy enough if you do not eliminate the factors that destroy the quality of the wine. Temperature fluctuations and wrong humidity levels are a couple of factors that you need to keep at bay. Besides installing a cooling system, the other important factor you need to cater to is installing an effective door. Unfortunately, several wine connoisseurs forget about the significance of sealing the cellar with a quality door and letting warm air get in.
Significance of a barrier
High-quality wine cellar doors imply effective storage. The wine cellar door acts as a barrier between the cellar and the rest of the home and helps in maintaining the humidity and the temperature. So, the wine matures appropriately and alleviates the risk of negative quality. Naturally, quality is the key when you decide to choose highly-engineered doors to block the air and boost the thermal insulation of the caller. Make sure the door fits into the frame no matter how frequently you are handling the storage. Read these points to find out more about the significance of an appropriate door.
- Not using an appropriate door for storing wine may ruin the quality of the content.
- The door installed in the wine cellar must withstand different climates on either side.
- When it comes to a quality wine cellar door, it may have a steel frame inside with double gaskets on all three sides.
- The door needs magnets inside to make sure they stay tight and closed.
- A feature like a UV-filtering layer inside with an inner gas filling ensures more protection.
- Be it luxury wine cellars or simple structures of storage, an electronic or manual lock comes to use.
Having a couple of these features may not suffice but the type of door you choose depends on your preference, budget, and functionality.
Functional features of the doors
Are you keen to focus on the appearance of the wine cellar door? It is true indeed that the design and the style of the door create the first impression but what about the quality of the material used? The door must secure, insulate, and control the environment. You can choose from a wide range of materials like steel, glass, and galvanized metal for the door that not only secures the collection but creates a pleasant environment at your home; nothing like a door to welcome your friends over a wine-drinking summit. Here is what your take should be when choosing the door.
- If you have a narrow budget for investing in the door, try to get a steel door with insulation features to minimize the airflow and also maintain the temperature inside.
- Suppose you have wooden wine racks; you can paint the door to have a sparkling visual. If you have a custom space, make sure you know how to alleviate the challenges when designing the door.
- Glass doors are popular due to their good visibility and not only that you can have etched patterns to add artistic touches.
- Wooden wine cellar doors are much preferred by homeowners due to their high insulation properties. Choose from hardwood varieties such as walnut and mahogany to create beautiful patterns. Partnering with wine cellar companies near me allows you to add security and strength to the door. Talk to Rudy Ardon, the owner of Wine Cellars of Houston to get the support you need when choosing an appropriate wine cellar door.
- Galvanized steel doors are appropriate for homes facing damp issues as they are resistant to rust and corrosion.
Choosing the design
Primarily used for functional purposes, the wine cellar door needs to be in sync with your home interior so design it accordingly. Choose from a variety of materials such as wrought iron, wood or glass and check that the purpose of the door remains uncompromised. So, make sure you have your eyes on a compelling design that helps in creating an inviting entrance. If you need more transparency, go for glazed doors or a non-glazed door if you want to keep it out of sight.
If you are still waiting to protect your vintage wine cellar, order your door crafted by the experts. The door is the heart of the wine cellar to a great extent, so make sure you adhere to high-quality materials and flawless structures when designing the cellar doors.