When you hear the term “roof replacement,” you may think of scary terms like “major expense,” and “going from bad to worse.” But it doesn’t have to be that way! A roof replacement can mean an increase in curb appeal and energy efficiency, as well as an added layer of protection against storms and other natural weather occurrences.
To show you that a roof replacement doesn’t have to be a scary phrase, we’re breaking down the behind the scenes of a few factors that go into a roof replacement.
How Often Does a Roof Need to Be Replaced?
Knowing when to replace your roof, or any other part of your home, can be confusing. The good news is that there are a few general guidelines you can use when making the decision. Here are some things to consider about roof replacement timelines, according to the material they are made from:
- Composition Shingles: 12-20 years
- Asphalt Shingles: 15-30 years
- Wood Shakes/Shingles: 20-25 years
- Rubber Roofs: 30-50 years
- Metal Roofs: 50-75 years
However, there are several factors that can shorten or lengthen the life of your roof. These include:
- The type of material used in the construction
- The quality of materials used in the construction
- How well it was installed
- Whether it has been maintained properly over time
- The amount of traffic the roof receives (more traffic means more wear)
- The climate where you live (locations with high wind speeds, hail and extreme heat or cold could require more frequent repairs)
How is the Cost of Roof Replacement Determined?
The cost of the roof replacement is determined by many different factors. These include:
- The size of the roof
- The location of the structure (for example, whether it is in a windy area or a coastal region)
- The type of roofing material (for example, shingles or concrete tiles)
- The complexity of the roof’s design and features (for example, if there are multiple levels)
When you hire a professional roofing contractor, they will assess your home’s needs and provide you with an estimate based on their findings.
Also Read About- Are There Risks to Doing a Roof Repair?
How Long the Roof Replacement Will Take?
Every roof is different, and so is every project. This means that the timeline for your roof replacement can’t be given until inspection and meeting happens. However, there are a few factors that will play a hand in determining your roofing project timeline.
- The size of the home. The bigger the home, the more time it takes to complete a roof replacement.
- The type of shingles being used. This can include asphalt shingles, metal panels or tiles, among others.
- The complexity of the project. Whether or not there are skylights or other features on top of the house that need to be removed or installed during the process.
Additional factors that may arise during installation such as inclement weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances can also affect how long it takes for installation workers to complete their work.
Need a Roof Replacement? Call Us Today!
At Roofing Contractor in Bartlett, TN, we understand that roof replacement is a big decision. It can be stressful, overwhelming, and confusing. That’s why we’re here to make your life easier by helping you make the best choice for your home and family.
We’re ready to answer any questions you may have about roof replacement, from pricing to schedule. For more information, contact Republic Roofing at 901-437-5278. We service areas in Lakeland, Germantown, Bartlett, Memphis, and Collierville, TN.