The QuickBooks error 6160 appears when using the QuickBooks Desktop Premier solution. The problem could reduce your productivity and potentially seriously harm the operating system. Your system starts to run slowly when the error occurs. This is also referred to as the runtime error in QuickBooks and can block the application’s installation. You might not be able to install the QuickBooks application when the issue arises. Continue reading this article to find the possible causes of QuickBooks error code 6160.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6160
We’ve included a few potential causes for error number 6160 in the QuickBooks application in the list below:
- When multiple OLE controls and add-ons are installed on your browser
- Additionally, QuickBooks error 6160 could be brought on by an incorrect OS setting.
- If your operating system doesn’t allow shortcuts,
- The issue may also appear if the dependency service for your system is disabled.
- Insufficient authorization to run the hardware and software
- QuickBooks Desktop is an old software program. Update QuickBooks Now
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6160?
QB Desktop error 6160 can be resolved by attempting to address each prospective cause of the error one at a time. Please follow the steps below to fix problem code 6160:
- You must first close all open versions of QuickBooks on your computer.
- The computer window will open if you concurrently press the Windows and E buttons on your keyboard.
- now, press the Uninstall/Change Program button.
- Click Change or Uninstall after selecting QuickBooks at this time.
- The previous step will bring you to the QuickBooks installation window.
- Click next, then choose Repair from the radio button. (The repair button is located at the bottom of the screen.)
- Select ” “Finish“
- The installation needs to be restarted for it to be corrected, thus you must continue your device when the dialogue box instructs you to do so.
Note: Remember that if you store the system file locally and use it solely on this system, hosting will be disabled.
- now, open the QuickBooks file.
- click Utilities > Stop Hosting multi-user access.
- If the choice to Stop Hosting multi-user access displays, click Yes to proceed with the action.