Facing QuickBooks unable to open company file error and want to eliminate it permanently? This post is going to brief you on the factors causing such an error in QuickBooks along with the fixes for the same. QuickBooks is unable to open the company file error can occur due to numerous possible reasons.
This error does not allow the user to open the company file and might hamper the task being performed, while they are operating the software. To know more, make sure to read the post till the end, or you can also connect with our tech team at +18445210490 and we will provide you with instant support and assistance.
What causes such an error?
The following can be the factors causing such an error in QuickBooks
- One of the basic reasons can be damaged data in company files
- Or if there is any issue with file location and extension
- The user can also experience the same issue if the company data gets damaged due to a corrupt hard drive with file storage.
- Also, if there is any conflict with TLG file, then this type of error could be seen.
- The issue with the reports in the file can also cause this error in QuickBooks
- Use of wrong QB version to open files, then this error can occur.
- If the user is applying the wrong method to open the file type, then experiencing such an error is probable
Steps to resolve the issue
The user can try performing the steps below related to checking the properties and file extension to get rid of such an error in QuickBooks.
- At first, the user needs to open the folder where the company file is located.
- And then, right-click the company file icon, and also choose the properties option.
- The user should then ensure that the type of file is QuickBooks company file and also the size of the file is at least 7 MB.
- After that the user is required to click on Advanced and ascertain that the boxes are unchecked for Compress and Encrypt attributes are unchecked.
- Complete the process by clicking on ok tab
By the end of this post, we expect the reader to successfully eliminate the error using the set of steps stated above. In case the user isn’t able to or the user needs our assistance at any point in time, then contacting our experts at +18445210490 is suggested. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and services.