We are here to assist you if you get the QuickBooks error code 401 and cannot find a solution. This problem, which is easy to fix, typically results from an unauthorized request on the QuickBooks desktop. You might run across this issue if you try to:
Log in to the company file or the accountant’s toolbox.
Register during the QB installation.
Sending a bill via QuickBooks for payment
The error code is frequently accompanied by a notice that says something like, “The remote server faced an unauthorized error 401 and request is incompatible.” Later in this article, other methods for addressing the error code are discussed. If you can’t discover the appropriate answer, you can contact the QuickBooks support team right away to start troubleshooting.
The error code is frequently accompanied by a message that says something like, “The remote server faced an unauthorized error 401 and request is incompatible.” Later in this article, other methods for addressing the error code are discussed.
Fix Methods of QuickBooks Error Code 401
Few solutions are available for the QuickBooks error code 401. After the problem appears on the screen with an error code, just follow the simple instructions below.
- Initially, select No and close the error notice box.
- Then upgrade QuickBooks to the most recent version.
How to Upgrade QuickBooks to the Latest Version through Troubleshooting?
Many options are provided for updating the QuickBooks software.
Method – Setting up Automatic Updates
Go for setting up automatic updates to upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks. With the option for automated updates, timely Updates are guaranteed while also saving a lot of time. The methods employed in this process are as follows:
- From the Help menu, choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- To remove any updates that have already been downloaded, tick the” Reset Update” box.
- Select get updates to begin the download.
- After the downloads are finished, be sure to renew the software.
- Finally, choose the installation option for the new release.