Are you still using an outdated version of QuickBooks, which may cause some issues? The accounting and bookkeeping process is simplified and made simple with a suitable QuickBooks product of the most recent version. Small- and medium-sized business owners that convert to this cutting-edge accounting software will instantly receive the most recent version of QuickBooks. If you already use QuickBooks Desktop, you must update to the most recent version whenever a new service or feature is made available.
How to update QuickBooks Desktop?
There are several ways to download the QuickBooks 2021 upgrade from the internet. Make sure your connection and internet speed are strong. Following are your choices:
- Automatic QuickBooks Update Method (default setting)
- Method for On-Demand Updates
- Discharge Download
- Manually updating QuickBooks
After downloading the updates, QB Updates automatically begins installing all the necessary files in the correct locations and directories on your computer. When you restart QB the following time, you get a warning to install the update.
1. Automatic QuickBooks Update Method
This process for installing a QuickBooks update is really straightforward. The most recent version of QuickBooks is obtained by QuickBooks itself from an Intuit server. The QB is otherwise browsing the web. It occurs as a result of the accounting software’s default setup, which permits it to automatically download updates from Intuit’s server.
How you can enable or disable the Automatic Update Option:
- Launch QuickBooks and select “Help” from the menu.
- After clicking “Update QuickBooks,” wait for the window to open.
- Select “Options” from the menu.
- Select “Yes” to activate the automatic update method or “No” to turn it off.
- (You will continue to see messages asking if you want to use the Update Service even after you are off the Automatic Update option. These messages are merely a reminder and don’t indicate that an upgrade is needed or readily available.)
- “Press “Save” then “Close.”.