Does your Netgear Orbi gadget constantly flash its purple light? A lot of people share your sentiments! Everywhere you go, Orbi users are experiencing the same issue. But don’t panic! We’ll see to it. Follow these easy steps to troubleshoot Netgear Orbi purple light. So keep reading.
If your Netgear Orbi router is flashing purple, there are a few possible explanations to consider first:
- Weak internet connection.
- A problem with your Orbi router has occurred.
- Damage has occurred to the Ethernet wire you’ve been using.
- Your ISP is to blame for the lack of internet access.
- There may be a connection between the purple light problem and inactivity for extended periods.
- Your Netgear Orbi router isn’t working properly.
- Your Netgear Orbi’s firmware is either corrupted or out-of-date.
- The chances are high that your Orbi is defective.
If your Netgear Orbi router is flashing purple, here are some of the most prevalent explanations. To repair the problem and enjoy a lag-free internet, follow the procedures outlined below.
READ MORE: Cold Weather Battery
How to Troubleshoot Netgear Orbi’s Purple Light
There should be no slack in any cable connections.
Netgear Orbi purple light problem might be loose cable connections. It’s critical to secure all cables. Make sure to replace any broken wires with new ones as soon as possible.
Regularly update the firmware.
We all know to what degree an old firmware may go. And this brings you to another important reason why your Orbi is flashing purple. To resolve the issue, you need to update the firmware on your WiFi device.
You don’t need to do anything to update your Netgear Orbi device! After logging in, go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and follow the on-screen instructions to update your Netgear Orbi’s firmware.
Keep Your WiFi Devices Closer Together
Your WiFi devices may be too far apart if the purple light problem persists after upgrading your Orbi’s firmware. Netgear’s Orbi router should be placed closer to your present modem in order to improve performance.
Why can’t I get rid of the purple light on my Orbi? It’s all good! There are two additional actions you may do that may be helpful!
Install a New LAN Cable
A wire connects your Netgear Orbi router and modem. Is this cable broken or worn? If this is the case, congrats! You were able to catch the thief in the act.
It is possible that a malfunctioning Ethernet connection might cause a broad variety of technical issues.
Make sure the Ethernet wire connecting your WiFi gadgets is not only finger-tight but free of any damage as well.
The Best Way to Reset Your Netgear Orbi
Have you tried all of the above and still haven’t been able to fix the Netgear Orbi purple light problem? It’s up to you to see what happens if you restart your WiFi router.
Listed here are the steps you must take to restore your smartphone to factory settings:
- On your Netgear Orbi device, look for the Reset button.
- It’s time to reset your phone if you find it.
- Keep your hands on the wheel! Pressing the button with your bare hands is not recommended. Use an oil pin instead.
- After some time, release the button.
Perform Orbi setup and see whether the purple light problem has been resolved after resetting your Orbi device.
We really hope that the techniques outlined in this post were helpful in resolving your purple light problem with Netgear Orbi. In the event that they did, please feel free to express your gratitude in the comments below.