For the proud homeowners who are interested in purchasing high quality roofing materials for their home, their list generally come down to Asphalt shingles or composite roofing system. Metal or tile roofing also plays an important role but the Classic Asphalt shingle and different types composite roofing system are top sellers across the board. If you are looking for a new roof for your home and are confused in between various alternatives, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to compare the Asphalt shingles and composite roofing system. This will also give you a clear idea of their advantages, styles and brands.
What are asphalt shingles?
If you are looking a roofing system for residential use, then Asphalt singles is the most affordable option. This type of roofing system consists of a number of layers of material and that too with a top layer of granules which provide shingle with the color and also it protects the waterproof under layer from harmful UV rays and fire. Asphalt roofing has a coated fiberglass mat that offers strength and durability to the roof. One of the best part about Asphalt shingles is that these are very affordable and easy to purchase in all the states. Also, it is much easier to work and also gives home owners 30 years of durability on the average.
What are the advantages of Asphalt shingles?
- Versatile use: One of the best advantages that Asphalt shingles offers is their ability to work on any kind of roof. Thus, if you have a rope style with odd angles and shapes, when you can easily go for Asphalt shingles as it will work excellent.
- Huge selection: It doesn’t matter that if you are willing to match your home’s palette or you are referring to purchase rove that it look like natural elements like Slate or wood, when you can definitely go for buying Asphalt shingles as you can get a variety of choices.
- Huge varieties: The Asphalt shingles come in three varieties, that is, 3-tab, architectural and designer. For those who don’t want to invest in an expensive roofing, then they can easily go for 3-tab single. And for those who are not budget constraint, can easily invest in expensive roofing system for their home.
- Affordable: The reason why most of the people consider Asphalt shingles over composite roofing is that it is much affordable. The most budget friendly Asphalt shingle that is available is 3-tab. Architectural and designer tingles cost even more but they offers a longer lifespan than others.
What are composite shingles?
What strikes your mind when you hear the term composite? Well, it Antony refers to something that is made out from a number of different materials or elements. Same in the case of composite roofing as it consists of different roofing materials like recycled plastics, rubber, paper products, Asphalt and fiberglass. The composite roofing consists of of the roofing materials that are made out from synthetics. You can easily avail this in a number of styles and colors. These even do not require much maintenance and also fire resistant. It is also considered as greener roofing materials as it is made out from recycled products.
What are the advantages of composite roofing system over metal roofing?
- Performance: If we talked about it in terms of performance, then it serves with an excellent performance in its lifetime. It is impervious to water and is also fire resistant. It is considered to be perfect for locations with significant weather as it have a class F to H wind rating and also allows for resistance against wind gusts.
- Durability: It is guaranteed that the composite roofing wouldn’t peel, crack, warp or spilt even after 30 years of usage. It even gives protection from algae. Most of the companies have also extended warranties on their asphalt shingles roofing system.
- Variety in choices: You can easily available composite roofing in a number of colors and styles. These are lighter in weight and therefore these are considered more versatile to be used in homes that can’t handle the excessive weight of roofing.
- Regulates internal heat: Composite roofing is considered as best as it is made out from high quality roofing materials, and these also offer better services in Greensboro as it regulates the internal temperature of the home as compared to the Asphalt shingles. The shingles that are made out of plastic have a higher UV resistance. It also reflects solar heat which allows the person to stay at a comfortable temperature.